Today I thought I would take a few minutes to introduce you to my latest addiction: my BlackBerry Storm from Verizon Wireless! Oh my goodness, this phone can do just about ANYTHING!
Here’s a list of just a few of the things I use this incredible device for:
- Making and Receiving Phone Calls: Okay, so you may think that one is obvious…but I rarely, if ever, have dropped calls anymore, and the phone with its touch screen is just so dang EASY to use! (I highly recommend downloading the FREE TalkLock application though, which will keep you from accidentally hanging up or muting someone with your face while on an important call…it works great).
- My Address Book: I have over 1200 contacts in my phone…home and work addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, notes about the person or business…and I can access all that information in just a matter of seconds.
- My Calendar: My memory is SOOO not what it used to be…and now I don’t have to worry. I never miss an appointment now. Plus, since Ron also has a BlackBerry, we can sync our calendars together so I always know his schedule as well.
- Taking Photos: Anyone who knows me, knows I am a picture FREAK! Now I don’t always have to carry my camera with me…sporting a 3.2 mega-pixel FLASH camera, my BlackBerry Storm has become a super-easy way to document my life and capture those memories!
- Wireless Email: I no longer have to sit by my computer if I am expecting an important email…the email now comes directly to me, wherever I am! I can respond to emails in a matter of seconds just by typing on the screen!
- Browsing the Internet: We live in such an “information age” now…when I have a question about something, I can find an answer within a matter of seconds. How cool is that?
- Recording Audio: Now I can use my phone to record and play back vocal parts at rehearsals…it automatically saves the files for future use, or I can choose to upload them to my iPod.
- Recording Video: Seriously…it even has an AWESOME video camera on it for capturing those moments when a “regular” camera just won’t do!
- Built-In Media Player (audio AND video): Okay, I love my iPod just as much as the next guy, but sometimes I forget to take it with me (or I forget to charge the battery…or it just dies, which has happened right before a performance before!). Now I have access to all my favorite music, my rehearsal tracks and even my performance background tracks, right on my phone! I just hook it up to the sound system with a simple adapter, and VOILA…instant background music for our show! No musicians required (just kidding guys :)). I also have my Video Demo Mix loaded onto my phone in case I ever need it at a moment’s notice (you never know when you’ll run into Quincy Jones or Simon Cowell, right?).
- Built-In GPS: I have paired the built-in GPS with the FREE Google Maps application and the FREE Poynt application, and I have instant access to locating any business or address anywhere (they will even show me a SATELLITE or STREET view of it if I want)…did I mention it’s FREE! Poynt also has a “movie” feature where I can look up movies near me, read reviews, see what time and where they are playing, watch Trailers, and even purchase tickets! SOOOO cool! Again, did I mention it’s FREE!!!!
- Memos and Word Documents: Just like on your home computer, you can access and save any document on your phone for future use and reference. I can instantly access and email my photo, resume, bio and song list to anyone who needs it…whenever they need it (there are PDF, Power Point, and Excel viewers on my phone as well). No need to head back home to my computer when I need to get a promo packet to a client or agent anymore…I can do it right from my phone. I keep my weekly shopping list, favorite recipes, favorite inspirational quotes (for when I need a quick pick-me-up), my list of solo keys and lyrics (for impromptu guest spots at Piero’s or Bootlegger), list of Gluten-Free restaurants in the Las Vegas area, and much more on my phone now.
- Keeping Track of My To-Do List: As I do things, I can check them off, or mark them “in progress.” I can set due dates and reminders, and even email or text myself a reminder.
- Viigo: This is an awesome FREE application which keeps you up-to-date on everything happening around the world. And the best part…YOU get to choose which content you receive! The Viigo application automatically updates you with the latest News (national or international…or if that’s too depressing, you can just subscribe to pithy entertainment news, like I do!), weather, stocks, your favorite BLOGS (I have about 20 blogs I read regularly, and this application makes it SOO much easier to keep track of them all) and much more!
- Built-In Facebook Application: Yes, I can even update my Facebook status, check on friends, respond to and send messages, accept friend requests, and upload photos to my Facebook profile, all from one quick and easy application on my phone. Gotta love that!
- Listen to FREE Internet Radio: Thanks to the FREE Slacker.com application, I can listen to over 100 of my favorite music stations anytime, anywhere!
- AND SO MUCH MORE: Built-in Bluetooth Technology, Calculator, Built-In Flickr Photo Application, Voice Dialing, Visual Voice Mail, Password Keeper, Games, Alarm Clock and Stop-Watch, Instant Messaging, Texting, etc…
All that for $199! Seriously…can you believe it? AND GUESS WHAT? I just saw on their website that if you get a 2-year contract through Verizon Wireless you can get a 2nd BlackBerry Storm for FREE!!!
I know finances are tough for everyone right now, so I am definitely not telling you to go out and spend money that you don’t have. BUT, if your old phone is on it’s last leg (or completely crashes, like my old one did), and you are thinking about getting a new phone anyway, I’d REALLY recommend this one. It’s awesome!!!!
Okay, time to go play…I mean, do some “productive work” on my BlackBerry now! Hee hee… :)