Wow, it’s been a CRAZY month for Dangerous Curves…crazy in a GOOD way. Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to:
- Rehearsing and writing new material for our upcoming show at the Flamingo Library, April 19th, at 2:00pm. We’re really excited about this show…lots of new songs, some cool multi-media effects we’re adding for the opening number and the Judy Garland section, an old-time radio medley (complete with vintage radio commercials and great Andrews Sisters songs) and NEW DRESSES! Woohoo!!! It’s been a TON of work putting it all together, but it’s going to be worth it!
- We also did a 20-minute guest spot at the “Hit Parade Show” a few weeks ago at the Suncoast Hotel & Casino. What a GREAT audience. They are always so sweet and appreciative! Our show included the following songs: Sentimental Journey, Love Being Here With You, Faithless Love, How You Live, I’m A Woman, Ain’t Nobody Here But Us Chickens.
- The following Sunday, we were invited to do a quick guest spot in the Kellie Wright & Friends show, hosted by the Performing Arts Society of Nevada. We sang Moon River and got a terrific response from the audience! Plus it was great to be accompanied by Tony Bronco again…Tony played piano for us when Dangerous Curves first appeared at the Bootlegger, back in September of 2007…great guy, great friend!
- This past Thursday, we had a guest appearance on the “Dennis Bono Show” at Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino. It was a live taping of “Sam’s Town Live” for 91.5FM & 720AM radio. We sang our 3-part harmony version of Cloudburst and it turned out REALLY great (well, after they fixed the microphone problems, that is…we actually ended up having to tape it a second time because the first time only Karen’s mic was on…all ALTO, all the time…very funny). The show aired at 6:00pm on 91.5FM Friday evening, and I actually got to hear it on the radio…so cool!
- We’ve also been preparing for our upcoming appearance at the Annual Awards Presentation & Barbecue for the Nevada State Veterans Home on the 25th. We’ll be the featured entertainment for the event, and will be doing about an hour’s worth of music for them. Can’t wait to do our new “Old-Time Radio” Medley for THEM…they are going to love it!
So, while it has been crazy…it has also been great! Very fun stuff…very rewarding.
To fnd out more about Dangerous Curves, and to hear preview tracks from our NEW CD, please visit our website at www.DangerousCurvesLasVegas.com.